Job Title: Account Executive
Station Name & Mailing Address: WUTR, WFXV, WPNY 5956 Smith Hill Road Utica, NY 13502
Position reports to title: Director of Sales
If interested, mail or email resume to: WUTR, WFXV, WPNY 5956 Smith Hill Road Utica, NY 13502
Work hours schedule: 8:30 AM-5:30 PM
Full Time: Yes
Exempt (not eligible for over time): Yes
Non-exempt (eligible for over time):
Part time __ and Number hours per week __
Brief description of duties & responsibilities:
- Implements strategies to consistently grow revenue and exceed revenue goals.
- Establishes credible relationships with local business community.
- Makes sales calls on existing and prospective clients.
- Maintains assigned accounts and develops new accounts.
- Prepares and delivers sales presentations to clients.
- Explains to customers how specific types of advertising will help promote their products or services in the most effective way possible.
- Provides clients with information regarding rates for advertising placement in all media.
- Develops advertising schedules with clients and station personnel responsible for placing advertising into station media.
- Works with clients and station personnel to develop advertisements.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Work experience and education required for position:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Minimum one year's experience in sales, preferably in the media field.
- Valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Experience achieving long-range objectives and implementing the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
- The Account Executive must be able to sit, conduct telephone conversations, use electronic mail, write letters and memos, conduct face-to-face discussions with individuals or groups, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work in close proximity to others, work outdoors in all weather conditions, and work indoors in environmentally controlled conditions.
Special Skills Required:
- Fluency in English.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
Nexstar Broadcasting Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
If you have any questions, contact Terri Bush, Director Human Resources