That proposed budget included a $10 million gap because of shortfall in state aid.
To make up for that deficit, job cuts and trimming some athletic programs could be made.
With all of this being discussed, the public had an opportunity Tuesday evening to speak on the whole matter.
Educator, Lisa Sherline says she knew it was going to be bad when it came to the budget.
"Last year they kept saying the next year is going to be even worse, but I had no idea it was as bad as they are projecting with these initial figures," said Sherline.
Since the announcement of the proposed budget, Superintendent Bruce Karam knows many people have concerns.
On Tuesday, Karam was all ears on different kinds of input from the public.
"I'm very interested to hear what they have to say and what their feelings are, and we'll use that as a mechanism for growing," said Karam.
One of the people that voiced their opinion was Proctor High School graduate, Albert Santacroce.
He is also a parent as well as a taxpayer.
"My wife and I were concerned over the fact that there were going to be a lot of teachers cut as well as some of the programs," he said.
Karam says the district is looking at what it can do to stop some of these cuts.
"Right now, we are lobbying vigorously for additional state aid because we are an underfunded school district and we have been historically," said Karam.