The Deerfield Fire Captain says they quickly realized the house was energized. National Grid arrived at the scene, confirmed the house was energized and cut it's power, which sparked a small fire.
"There was power being back fed into the house which was turning into a bigger issue which could've turned into a lot bigger problem for the whole neighborhood. Thankfully it didn't. The house did not really catch fire until just after they got the power cut, so we were able to make a pretty quick stop," says James Griffiths, Captain at Deerfield Fire Department.
There was also a second house energized on Walker Road but there was no fire at that location. And Captain Griffiths says there are no threats to any other nearby houses.